Friday, August 31, 2012

Diet Coke anyone?

      For as long as I can remember as a member of the church....a very active member of the church the "caffeinated drink thing has been a highly diverse subject and somewhat ignored by most due to the fact most of us were closet Tabb drinkers. Due to the first Mormon running for President and a lot of publicity the church and it's beliefs are getting, there has been some recent clarifications. Some members are probably questioning their years of dedication to A&W Root Beer and Sprite, while others are bringing their Diet Cokes out of the basement into the kitchen pantry as I speak! With no need to clarify their addictions anymore, no need for explanation when their Bishop walks by and they're dumping into their mini van a plethora of Dr. Pepper cans, tied in Hefty sacks ready to be recycled, as if it were a dead body! There has to be some relief of drinking out in the open now!

     So can I drink a "cold", "hot drink" like a caramel Frappe now? Cause I know those things are straight out of heaven! Just wondering??? We as members need to remember that the scriptures don't say "cold" drinks because they didn't exist! You probably couldn't even get an ice cold water at the time! ....I think we have realized that if "cold" caffeinated drinks are included the church would have one worthy member which would be my caffeine free anti Diet Coke Mother! (...which checks my drink every time I leave the table at Chuck-A-Rama to see if it's Diet Coke!) lol To me...in my opinion....having a friend that drinks coffee that can not get his Temple Recommend compared to my friend that drinks 3 Rockstars a day that holds a recommend does not make much sense to me...but that's just me! On the same note my 15 year old son is addicted to milk and drinks it in unhealthy quantities so???

    Come on lets just call it for what it is to some...Obama's lethal destructive term as President has turned us all into caffeine drinking unemployed Americans that do shots of Red Bull to numb our reality! And how do we explain Mitt downing a Diet Coke here and there on the campaign trail? lol I guess my point is if non-Mormons think the whole NOT drinking caffeine thing is weird then they need to come to one of my neighborhood block parties and then the caffeine thing won't seam so weird anymore!

   In my opinion it has to to with stimulants, ingredients natural or man made that altar our bodies and possibly become habit forming. You know Jesus healed the sick, raise the dead, traveled on foot, and taught large groups of people all without stimulants! So with adequate sleep, a good healthy diet, the praise from a loving spouse, gratitude from your kids, acceptance from the PTA mothers, non judgmental neighbors, a forgiving scale, a world where puppies don't die and Prozac is only something they give cRaZy people........oh who am I kidding no wonder we are all addicted to stimulants!

    I giggle thinking of declaring a national caffeine day with women knocking down their doors running out into their yards pouring Diet Coke over their heads like some sheltered girl attending her first spring break on the Jersey Shore.....Of course I have totally blown this WAY out of proportion which I NEVER do and I'm not one to judge cause ever since I starting writing this post all that's been on my mind is a 44 oz Cherry Pepsi from the gas station!

.....Seriously the bigger problem is how I am going to tell my Mother that she may now join my husband in his Mountain Dew ritual at the next Thanksgiving! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment